View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #53
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
copyright that is only valid for 14 years after publishing? Eh, while I am no fan of how things are now. I'd be more inclined to go 14 years after the author's death, so that they can defend their creation, and then their want and will doesn't immediately get forgotten immediately after death.

I really don't see why a change in copyright law is required for Amazon to check every upload. Other companies do it just fine. It isn't instant approval for apps in the iphone app store. All the online stores that sold the works of people I've worked for had a testing process. Yes, it would take a while to approve things, and can get busy for people in charge of approvals, but think of the legal headaches they already could have avoided. The self publishing without any sort of check, is prone to being abused. They should have known this from the get go.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote