View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Comments on your blog

I've been finding my way around WordPress (17 years on the 'net and I've never had a blog), and it set me to wondering how authors here deal with comments on their blog posts.

I presume it is normal to set-up to require a post to be approved before it shows to all. (I am guessing the only exception to this is if you receive so many comments as to make it impractical.)

So there you are looking at your list of comments to approve. There will be easy ones: the glowing positives can stay, they spam can go. But what about the negatives, or the doubtfuls? Do any of you have some sort of policy you follow with regard to these? Has it even been much of an issue?

This page seems to offer sound advice: The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide to Dealing with Blog Trolls and Stupid Comments. Do you agree? Has deleting negatives comments caused you any problems?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote