View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
And you "consume" your Cybook, yes??? The problem is that there's no proof, should you open it up, that *ANY* later problem *ISN'T* caused by your actions. Me, I have no problem with cracking the case if that's what it takes to fix a problem. And I'm past the minimum 90-day warranty, so it makes no difference whether I "self-repair" or not.
In Sweden the rules are different if you sell to a company or if you sell to a private person (consumer). A shop tried to tell me that opening up a VCR to clean it (not covered by warranty) would void the warranty. I just told them they were wrong and i did not break it and I know how to clean a VCR. After that they fixed the video according to the warranty. Of course it is a question of evidence but shops try to fool people and say that the warranty is automatically void.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote