View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #34
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, i know there is a serial port. How would Bookeen be able to connect a terminal if there was no port? My question was if there was another procedure that was simpler and did not entail so much hardware work.

Concerning warranty it depends if it voids it exactly on how the laws are. If you open it up and do not break it the warranty still holds. The problem is more a problem of evidence if the company accuse you of having broken it. These laws are usually only valid for warranty given to consumers.
And you "consume" your Cybook, yes??? The problem is that there's no proof, should you open it up, that *ANY* later problem *ISN'T* caused by your actions. Me, I have no problem with cracking the case if that's what it takes to fix a problem. And I'm past the minimum 90-day warranty, so it makes no difference whether I "self-repair" or not.

(No, I don't believe in "extended" warranties. )

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote