View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
Im new to the whole ebook world (had my reader for about 4 days), so far Ive only been reading free books, but ive noticed so many spelling and formating errors!!!
Is it that common for their to be mistakes in ebooks? Or is this what I should just expect from free books? (hey it's free so Im not complaining...lol)
When I got my Iriver here in Sweden it included 100 free ebooks, most of which appeared to have been taken from gutenberg.org. Many of them were badly formatted, especially in connection with punctuation marks. That dash one sees, like a long hyphen (can never remember what it is called) often disappeared altogether, and two words were run into each other.

The funny thing was that, when I downloaded a replacement from gutenberg.org, the problem did not exist!

But spelling mistakes don't seem to be as common. I take it, btw we're not talking coloured/colored here - it's not that you're reading UK English books?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote