View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
OK, I just tried it: pressing OK while the book is open gets me to the catalog, and the first level. In order to open it, I have to press the 1 key. I get three pages of links, numbered 1-8. If I press 1 again to open the first link it takes me back to the highest level. If I press 0, I go to the next page. The chapter I want to open is on page three, and has two sub headings. It's number 5 on the list. When I open it up by pressing 5 and try to use the 0 key and OK it, I get the flashing no access symbol. I'm confused.

I just tried something else: I opened the heading I wanted, then double pressed the corresponding key; that opened it. It can't be too fast or it takes me back a level. But then the next time I tried the same thing it didn't, so I just pressed it once, with a bit more force. That seemed to work. Very odd. I think I'll just have to work out on my own what functions and what doesn't.
you are using the built in Catalog, not Calibre's Catalog. Gotcha now.

Using the "catalog key (7) here.
you see the top level (h1 ?) (the page indicator t the bottom sas how many screens make up this level

Press the number
You now see all the items UNDER that first level tag (h2 ?), but you dont see lever 2 for any other H1 tags.
Again, you may have 1 of n pages shown at the bottom.
page turn (up-down) changes pages (9 and 0 are page turn keys at this point)

Press the number.

The Return (exit) key backs out of the current layer

The 0 key changes function to navigate to the next hyperlink (within a document (example the Calibre Catalog: Authors that begin with "A". That is a page within the document. (you will not see numbers exactly like the normal menu) That is when the 0 key steps thru the underlined (link) items.

Catalog work like this on the Lbook (Astak)

The Book is the trunk (the Menu is part of the trunk)
You can only see other "trunk" branches (h1)at the trunk level
When you step onto the branch, you can see the path back (1)
and the path(s) forward (2-7) (h2 ?)
Once you step onto the next branch, you can see the return (1) and more branches (h3 ?)

The return key (1 to N layers) is the bail out key Pressing a number may show the next level (+ symbol next to the number) OR Jump to the place in the document.
Now if you are designing a document:
h3 is for the Chapter (start), but to be consistant
we really use h4 anchors: #start, #onethird, #twothirds
Now the branch looks balanced(theoretically, the H3 takes you visually to the same point as h4 #start)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote