View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #434
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Kris, I just wanted to say I agree with your approach. You need to be careful not to make your app a mess of user settings that confuses a casual reader. I know that the folks here at mobileread are fantastic and very supportive, but they also each have many wishlists and some of them are highly custom that 99.9% of readers would never have even thought of as being necessary as an option.

Not to say that such features shouldn't be considered or included, but I agree that the UI needs to be considered carefully and whether it makes sense to include all options or as suggested by others, have an advanced mode that gives you more flexibility if you truly desire it, without confusing the majority of folks who will use your app (default to the noob friendly UI). Obviously not something to introduce right away, but going forward, this is certainly something that you might perhaps want to figure out first before introducing a raft of additional features. I'd hate for you to get negative feedback on your app from first time users if you added all these options without being careful enough about how it impacts the user experience.

Thanks for being so awesome about taking in feedback and responding to people. These forums are great for getting lots of good ideas and feedback from some very passionate and well read users