View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon65 View Post
I had just added Ender's Game to mine for my eldest son to read, side loaded onto a sd card. Once I plugged it back in I lost the other four books I had just added. After editing the titles manually I reinserted the card and all five books showed up.

Now, seeing that others are not having issues with apostrophes maybe I was just lucky enough to have an issue with it reading the card instead! I'll continue paying with it and see. Thanks for the quick responds though!
The Kobo devices can be fussy about epubs and reject some that other devices read OK. If this happens when you add several books, any that should have been processed and added to the devices library after this book, are ignored. I suspect that is what happened.

But, and this just occurred to me, it might have been the apostrophe. If it was a single quote from the keyboard, it should be OK. But if it was a "real" apostrophe, it might cause problems. I think calibre would escape it in the file name, but the device could have a problem reading the metadata. Actually...

I just checked my copy of Ender's Game. The apostrophe isn't a simple single quote. Calibre changed this when writing the file. My Touch had no issues with it and there is a nice curly quote in the library list.

All that say the apostrophe should be OK so maybe there is some other problem with the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote