View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Thinking more about it, although the light on the Kindle does look a little nicer, I reckon the blue tinge to the Glo light is a bit of a red-herring.
The Nook Glow has the same "tinge" to it. The reality is that the white coming from the LEDs that the Nook and Kobo use seem to have a cooler white than the Kindle which is a warmer white.

I can't really call it a red herring, since the warmer white does help when reading in the dark. At least for me. The blueish tint screws with your night vision a bit more, and I didn't like it at all. My eyes got tired a lot faster than with a warmer white. Some A lot of folks won't mind the cooler white though, and in that case, it doesn't really matter too much.

It's hard to say until I can see a Glo in person though. So far it looks like it really carries a more advanced version of the Nook's light guide, rather than something based on the same design that Amazon is using. The Paperwhite's screen actually looks like it is "glowing" versus "being lit". It's hard to quantify.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote