View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hello Mackx, thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
...the SDK contains all the stuff you need for the emulator. Sources contains the used/modified Kernel sources, the used/modified third-party applications and the iRex firmware components.
Yes, I downloaded everything from there just in case it disappeared with iRex and started already to leaf the manual. Is there any use for the stuff under the "3.0" directories? Anything else needed to start fooling around (besides a real or VM Linux system with all the stuff in it)?

Quote:
There is no code for the pdf-plugin, mainly because it uses a non-public Adobe library. The plugins only provide the data to show, you can not change the behaviour of UDS.
OK, so if I want to do anything with PDFs, either I write a standalone application or a new PDF plugin from scratch, right? Dammit, all I might need is some tweaking...

Quote:
The erbrowser-application is used to view html (see published sources), it is a WebKit based browser. ... porting another browser (or even a newer version of WebKit) will not be easy, also note that the CPU of the reader is not very powerfull.
It's certainly powerful enough for the stuff I've tried (and I've tried some nasty pieces of JavaScript). I haven't felt a real need to replace it so far, actually; I was thinking more about keeping up with current CSS support and bug fixing, just in case.

Anyway, another hypothetical question (I haven't had a real look at code yet, this is just some warm up). I really like the UDS interface so in principle I'd prefer to build any new stuff as plugins. Do you think it would be a lot of work to modify the erbrowser and make it into an UDS plug-in?

Quote:
searching/browsing it will also give you a lot of information.
Sure, I always search and read before I ask anything, but it's not always easy to find what you're looking for, so please feel free to tell me to go RTFM anytime -- as long as you tell me where any specific FMs are

Last edited by MrWarper; 11-05-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: wording, clipping text
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote