View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
New developer in town, or something. Prospective questions...

Hi all,

questions I've been delaying until I have a non-shared DR1000S I can play with at leisure...
exactly what components of the DR software do we have the sources of? I know we haven't the sources for the UDS (the main document viewer - what does "UDS" stand for?), but that it has some sort of plugin architecture I'd like to know more about, so please correct me where I'm wrong. As I have understood everything so far, each file type can be opened in the DR by a standalone application, or an UDS plugin, so UDS can provide a common interface for everything, with the page tabs, tool bar, etc.

I'm not particularly interested in PDFs right now, but I might dab in that at some point to improve it a little. Is the built-in PDF viewer such an UDS plugin? Do we have the sources?

Has anyone had a peek into the image viewer plugin (assuming it's an UDS plugin too)? Would it take very long to adapt it to view multipage images, like TIFF book scans?

And what about the HTML viewer? The one in FW v1.7 was too basic, and I understand the new one in 2.0rc3+ is an adapted version of Google's Chrome.
Is it a standalone application?
Do we know what version it is?
Do we have the sources?
Could a more modern version be used instead?
Can "normal" browser extensions be used with it? I have a full-fledged HTML editor written in JavaScript that could turn the DRs into true proof-reading devices.

That's all for now...
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote