View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
I've been looking through the dirs and there are some interesting browser settings but I still can't find where the search and Wikipedia URLs are set.

I did discover that the Article Mode is just a JavaScript file which could be altered to bring bookmarklets to the Kindle. There are also a number of (disabled) experimental settings such as setting a home URL which should display when the Home button is pressed. There's another one that shows a modified pointer when not over a text input box etc. Pressing the 5 way changes the pointer to a 4 way arrow on 1st pressing then a double arrow with two ting magnifying glasses marked "+" and "-". Sadly they didn't do anything that I could see.

Take a look at the file, its at /opt/amazon/ebook/config/wrs.ini (heavily commented)

The Javascript for Article mode is in /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js

PS I also found that wget is installed and works (via wifi anyway).
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote