View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLou View Post
When I used 'save to disc' and used burn, when I return to the library the files 'saved to disc' had disappeared from my library.
That shouldn't have happened. You may have a tag turned on so you don't see them. Alternatively, if they are tagged as news, there is an automatic delete when they are sent to your reader.

Quote:
Also, although I have the titles etc. correctly capitalized etc in the library when I look for the files in the 'library' file as oppossed to the on screen library with Calibre open, they do not appear correctly and thus the files that are saved are not the same as those contained in Calibre.
Don't look at the files in your library. Pretend they aren't there. Use the screen and either save to disk or save to device. You control how they are named when they are saved out with those methods.

Quote:
Also, where is the Calibre database?
Run the Welcome Wizard (arrow next to Preferences.) It will tell you where you put it.

Quote:
I keep getting the message 'some of the titles you are importing are already in the database'
It probably means that you already have those titles in your database. Just type part of the name into the search and see what comes up.

Edit: BTW, on the naming issue, if you are on Windows, and capitalization is the only problem, then you may have tried to rename a file by changing only the capitalization. Since Windows doesn't differentiate capitals, your changes may not take. Usually that's not a problem, but if it bothers you, make some other change to the name beyond capitalization (add a letter) then the capitalization change will be made.

Last edited by Starson17; 01-07-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote