View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The update includes a complete Linux installation that it boots into.
That explains a lot.

Quote:
How long did you have to wait? I've been trying to get it on my Cybook but after 15 minutes nothing.
Not that long. I don't think it was any longer than perhaps a minute, though it certainly felt that way.

Quote:
I'm going to assume the hardware is different enough that it isn't actually booting into the installer. Or Bookeen has done something to prevent any firmware but their own from being installed.
Is that possible? I would think the ability to boot from SD card is built into the hardware(i.e. non-volatile memory).

Did you connect it via USB? I did restart it a few times, pressing reset - perhaps the reset itself is not just to restart it, but actually does something important?