View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
With some exceptions, I also think that authors need to have something else behind them before they are in a position to write well. Time to have read widely, time to have experienced people and life. Time to have experimented with their writing before they inflict it on the world.

For me: I used to write poetry when I was a youth. I'd tried to write stories since that time, but most failed to hold my interest long enough to reach completion - so there was no way I could expect them to hold anyone else's. Then a whole lot of things came together at the same time, including an idea that wouldn't leave me alone and my writing succeeded in keeping my interest. Now I'm addicted.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote