View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #70
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Thanks for reconsidering.

All that's needed is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37#post2431337

Checking the USB downloader mode (exits when K3 in USB DL mode is detected):
Code:
./k3flasher ./mx35to2_mmc.bin info
Flashing kernel:
Code:
./k3flasher ./mx35to2_mmc.bin program kernel <path_to_kernel_image>
Flashing rootfs:
Code:
./k3flasher ./mx35to2_mmc.bin program rootfs <path_to_rootfs_image> rootfs 1
The last two parameters work only in dpavlin's k3flasher and have this meaning:
rootfs = continuation address (just a place holder in our case)
1 = read before writing, i.e. read the chunk first, compare with the image and write only if there are any differences. This mode should be faster.

Kindle has to be rebooted manually.

If the image size is a problem, I can implement flashing gzipped images.
Thanks, currently trying it out, everything looks good so far.

As to the gzipped images, that'd be a nice feature, so feel free to implement it. I won't need it though, I'll simply stuff the file into a squashfs image (which is essentially the same as gzip, just mountable), as I did with the Java runtime.

Another question though: does anybody know what the "keys" in mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys.img.gz refers to? I suppose that it's the developer keys, but where are they located in the image? I'd like to remove them, in order to stick to the "pristine+jailbreak only" paradigm used with the other models.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote