View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
jarsto
jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-T1
I did my planned wipe & reload yesterday. And thanks to this thread removing the 'New' badges was quite easy.

I modified grimborg's instructions slightly. I have a script manager installed on my PRS-T1 so I can run simple shellscripts easily when needed. Because I was adding the books back in batches I decided to script the sqlite3 stuff.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

sqlite3 /mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db "update books set reading_time=1 where reading_time is null;"

#sqlite3 /mnt/extsd/Sony_Reader/database/books.db "update books set reading_time=1 where reading_time is null;"
I currently have books only in the internal memory (so mounted to /mnt/sdcard) but I decided to put the extsd line in there as well (but commented out) just in case I need it in the future.

I currently have that saved on the READER partition as allread.sh (short for 'mark all as read') and have a it marked as a favourite in my scriptmanager. When I've added something new I just open the scriptmanager, click the script, and then click 'run'. Once I do that all the 'new' markers are gone.

So that's my latest tweak to this. Finally a big thank you to pssquirrel for bringing this up, and to grimborg for sharing the sqlite3 commands. All in all this thread has made reloading my reader a lot easier than it might otherwise have been.
jarsto is offline   Reply With Quote