View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #45
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyp535 View Post
Hi Ben,

the thing with the resizing of the cover works fine - THX!!

another idea: what about a random filling (numbers/letters) of the identifier field, if it's empty (or a button for generating from some other thngs).
Because it's possible to get problems, if the field is filled with the same code - can happen, when you convert epubs by batch with atlantis word processor. the program fills the field with a date-time-code - but unfortunately it can happen when the books are small enough, that the code is in two books the same - and then some readers have problems with these books...

and the filed ISBN - can it replace the Type or Format? I think it's more used... (or can it used addditionally?)
Hi there,

Glad you like the image resizing.

I don't think I will do anything more with identifiers. The problem is that an opf file can have more than one identifier field. Currently, my program just grabs the first one it comes across. So if you want to edit the ISBN and it doesn't show up, just manually edit the opf file and move the ISBN identifier above the other identifier. Then it should show up OK.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote