View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I recently sent this to the feedback address:

Dear Amazon Kindle creators,

My suggestion is to offer an option in Manage Your Kindle to "Hide this from the Archive on my Kindle" next to each item in the library.

If you look at any of the Kindle forums, you'll see that the desire to permanently delete items is a frequent question. We know why Amazon wouldn't want to do this -- in case the customer decides to re-download the book later. But a happy medium, to "hide" the item from the archive, should be an option. Yes, if the customer decides to redownload, they would need to enable that option, but that isn't really much to ask. Items would be visible by default, so the customer would have to take the affirmative step to "hide" the item, and it shouldn't cause much confusion.

Why is this desirable? I think it's possible that more than one of us has perhaps downloaded, say, one of those free Harlequin novels, and don't wish to be reminded of it every time we look at the archive for the rest of our Kindle lives. If we demo our Kindle for others (something I do quite a bit), those titles are visible in the Archive, even if we would rather they not be.

The fact that you can never completely get rid of a title does make me more careful about the stuff I choose to buy, free or not. If I'm not willing to have that romance novel or self-help book on my Kindle forever, I won't buy it. I recently decided to hold off on a self-help book for this very reason.

I hope you'll consider this for a future software update.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote