View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
I was thinking of the Palm libraries, i.e., PDB.pm, etc.
CPAN installs the modules from the repo you specify. Why would you have downloaded them seperately? That said, there is a way to point CPAN to local file repos... I just didn't see a need since CPAN gets the most recent version right from the repository.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
I’ve been using the same one as on my XP machine:

Mobi2mobi “filetitle.prc” --outfile “other filetitle.prc“ --title “real title”
If you are using the same command with the same file as you are on windows and it doesn't work I'm at a loss. One thing you may want to try is to use single quotes. Double quotes on darwin cause shell replacements to happen, while single quotes pass the string in as is.

If you are getting the error you mentioned on a Topaz file... that is probably because it is not a mobipocket books and mobiperl works on mobi books not topaz.

If that is not the case then perhaps tompe can offer help since he is the author of these scripts.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote