View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #53
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijonikis View Post
I imported a book on computing (complicated formatting with images) from my Kindle DX to Calibre 0.9.22
Just checking, You clicked on the copy on the Kindle and selected to add it to the calibre library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijonikis View Post
This is the first problem I've every had with importing into Calibre.
Just to clarify for other users who might be reading, calibre does not alter the formatting of books imported (added) into calibre.

If you see what appear to be problems there are two possibilities that come to mind.

1. If you are viewing the book in calibre's viewer (which is essentially an ePub viewer) be aware that there is a quick conversion to a basic epub view before viewing. If you are viewing a prc, mobi, or azw book, that book was converted before viewing.

If you want to check the quality of the book use something like Kindle4PC to view the book instead of calibre's viewer. It is quite possible the only thing wrong is the book you are viewing isn't playing nice with calibre's initial conversion before being viewed.

2. The plugins you added to calibre from Apprentice Alf may be corrupt or old.

Most likely number 1.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-03-2013 at 08:03 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote