View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #245
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
My guess is they fixed the 'updating through WiFi not finishing' problem.
I can't see how. I thought that the hangs were at the end of the download phase. I don't think anything gets unpacked until the user OK the restart. Though maybe they found the bug and are rolling out a fix to make sure it doesn't happen on the next update.

I had a look at the files and the new Original Touch package is identical to the new Glo package. That means the fonts are the same. Plus the boot images are also the same. There is one other change that might be interesting. The old Original Touch package had some usb drivers that were built in 2011. This change means it has picked up the new versions of the drivers. These do work with the Original Touch as the beta process handles the packaging such that the same is used for all devices.

I have put the new firmware on my Glo with no issues. For my Original Touch, I am hesitant. I might just use the new KoboRoot.tgz until I have confirmation that the boot images set-up works OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote