View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #15246
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I can see a book from where I'm sitting that I've had for at least 25 years, and have never read, although I still kind of want to. I might have started it once. I'm thinking of reading it this year. I don't see what the hurry is.

I've read The Gun Seller. I seem to remember that I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything really extraordinary. I used to have a bit of a thing about reading novels by TV comedians (UK TV, I guess I should specify), and Hugh Laurie is still half of Fry and Laurie, to me. I have novels by Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Ben Elton, Nigel Planer, Alexei Sayle, Rob Newman, David Baddiel, Sean Hughes, Ardal O'Hanlon, Adrian Edmondson, Stewart Lee, and possibly others I can't remember right now. None of them are terrible, but some of them are ordinary.

Anyway, I managed to finish Mage-Guard of Hamor by L E Modesitt Jr, finally. The fifteenth Recluce novel, apparently, and the second half of Rahl's story. Kind of like a comfortable pair of slippers. My first completed book of the year.

Next up I've started The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie. The second Poirot novel, and first of many Christie books I bought cheaply from charity shops last year (so a used paperback, rather than an ebook). Not much has happened so far, but I don't remember any key plot details from the TV adaptation yet, so maybe I'll manage to be surprised.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote