View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #58
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Those ~1200 odd files were exactly what I wanted at the time. If you look closely, you'd notice that each file is exactly one chapter.

The reason for this is that the PRS-505 had an old implementation of mobile DE, and the device itself was extremely slow. Having a file a chapter meant I could use the following XML in my toc.ncx:

Code:
<navPoint id="dbcd5ce5-df26-43df-987b-898896727659" playOrder="5">
        <navLabel>
          <text>CHAPTER 2</text>
        </navLabel>
        <content src="Sony Bible Project HTML Final_split_3.htm"/>
      </navPoint>
Notice the lack of fragment ID's (#chapterx) in the src line? The PRS-505 absolutely chokes on those when generating its TOC list.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote