View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #27
Marcels
Marcels began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'd be interested in some pros and cons on Kindle vs Kobo. I have a Kobo and love it, my partner has shown an interest in having an eReader and I'm wondering if I should get her a Kindle3 or a Kobo.

I like the idea of the Wifi, dictionary lookups and text to speech, the quieter buttons when changing a page would be great, (we already discovered the Kobo clicks were too loud when reading in bed) and the placement of the page turn buttons look better (I've been getting a cramp in my thumb). Not to mention that you be more features for less with the Kindle3.

On the Kobo plus side the SD card is great for transferring books, it’s a simple to use device and it feels good to the touch.

I've also built up a collection of ePubs and PDFs and I don't want to start again. The openness of these file formats and the range of free books is great.

I'd like to ask the Kindle users about converting ePubs and PDF use on the Kindle. Can any ePub book be transferred or do I have to mess around with DRM, do I have to upload PDFs via an email service?

Clint Bradford, how would you compare the use of PDFs on Kindle and Kobo? I ready a lot of technical documents and I have to admit, comics, and I find the Kobo slow on the page refresh and PDF reading much less enjoyable the ePubs. Does the Kindle do a better job with PDFs?
Marcels is offline   Reply With Quote