View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #22
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleccj1 View Post
Thanks for the reply's. Sorry for my post before, I was a bit impatient!

So, I bought my Kobo last night at Borders. I read for an hour before going to bed, and my impressions so far are pretty good. I really like the built in fonts. They are really nice and clear. I prefer the Serif font. Page turns seem a bit slower than my Kindle, but it's not a big deal. Overall, a nice device. I really like the quilted back. Good job Kobo team!

I'm deciding to keep the preordered Kindle 3. I'll use the Kobo for library books primarily.

Thanks for all your help!
Many of us use our Kindles for library books. Of course this requires using the I love cabbages scripts to circumvent the drm so that the epub or pdf formats can be converted to .mobi which Kindle will accept. A little bit of a process, but after one has done it a couple of times, minor inconvenience that is definitely acceptable considering the Kindle's overall readability and battery life if one travels.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote