View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #20
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieknits View Post
I had to return my Kobo last week, 3 days before it's one month purchase anniversary came up an it was a terrible experience. I was told when I bought it, I had 30 days to return and when I did return, I was treated like I was trying to scam or steal and that electronic items could NOT be returned. As it was not functioning properly at all, I was pretty irate and refused to be stuck with it My Kobo was PAINFULLY slow, slow to turn on, off, load and page turns were 5 seconds and finally the unit started freezing between the turns. The battery would not hold a charge properly and had to be juiced daily if used. I loved it's size, weight, format but felt it would fail entirely if I waited another day to return . With the announcement of the new Kindle 3 and itss smaller size, clear screen and longer battery life, I decided I did NOT want another Kobo, but would do with Kindle. My daughter has one and has had no problems at all in almost 2 years.
I have a Jetbook which I love everything about except it's hard for me to read in evening and purchased the e-ink Kobo for that purpose. Now I"m pretty hopeful that the new Kindle will fill that spot. I'm on a daily countdown for its arrival like a kid.
I owe Noah98 an apology as he was correct about Kobo and Nook and the ability to sideload the Nook like Jetbook and Nook can read DRM books from the county library. Yes, one can never load B & N bookstore software and still drag and drop epubs right to Nook easily. This forum is a huge benefit to us all and yes if we (meaning myself) make a mispost or mistake, we should be corrected by user knowing this so the errors don't perpetuate as fact.
No problem, and definitely no hard feelings

None of us are really experts, and it's hard not to brag about our ereaders since I'm sure we are all enjoying them and think that they are the best.

I just want to make sure that we are helping people make the best decision for their money based on information and experiences that are as accurate as possible!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote