View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... professional reviewers ... CNet is god ... screen not as nice as others ...
>> ... But don't deny the flaws ...

This is where we're different. I have personally compared - all at the same time, a Nook, a Kindle2, and a Kobo. I doubt that anyone who actually did this for themselves would say that the display quality of either was seriously "flawed" - for reading books.

You are blindly quoting your references when you post " ... the Kobo lacks the clarity and contrast of the current ereaders ... " You would gain more respect - in my mind - if you were to frame such a statement with, "I read a cNet review stating that the Kobo lacks ... " - Otherwise you're misrepresenting yourself as one who has actually compared the units.

Just my opinion, of course. And I have been wrong - twice - here in the past.
I already mentioned that I compared them when I was originally shopping for a device! I am not just blindly quoting, but giving you a source to back up what I noticed when personally comparing the nook and Kobo. I even brought my nook into Borders to reconfirm my initial observation.

I looked at a Kindle at Target (I also have a friend who owns one), a nook at Best Buy, and a Kobo at Borders. I bought the nook because I felt it had the better screen and features. Like I said, I even brought my nook into borders and compared it to the Kobo and the Sony units on display.

I also never said that the Kobo's display was seriously flawed for reading. It is fine, just not as good as the competition. The comparison between the Kobo screen and the nook screen is slight (but noticeable), but I imagine the Kindle 3 will be a more dramatic improvement.

Last edited by Noah98; 08-06-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote