View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... no way to change pages with the left thumb ...

A minute of online research would have shown you that.

>> ... the button was located in the corner of the device ...

A minute of online research would have shown you that.

>> ... Battery life, according to the battery indicator, seemed worse than expected.

About three minutes' worth of research would have told you that (1) maximum battery cycle longevity takes a few complete discharge-charge cycles, and (2) that when the Kobo indicates "50%" it really has a lot more battery life left.

>> ... The screen was fine, but I was able to appreciate how a slightly better screen would be nice in lower light situations.

SInce a lamp of some sort is used by most in low-light situations, this makes no sense to me. Even without direct light hitting my Kobo in the living room, for example, it is very readable.

>> ... The new Kindle should be better, though how much better is still unknown.

You had a Kobo in your hands ... but gave it up on something no one on the planet has used for review purposes. (grin)

>> ... I am a Linux user ... no straightforward way to get library books if you use Linux. This isn't Kobo's fault ...

Just admit it - you got caught up in the Bezos/Amazon marketing madness. Hey - I did, too - I pre-ordered a Kindle3 even though I have no need for it, already owning a Kindle2 and a Kobo. But even I, the master of rationalization, cannot make sense of any of your six points where you state the Kobo failed you.

And so it goes ...
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote