View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #225
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Am I the only one who thinks some authors haven't gotten the memo that the more... explicit erotic romance is no longer a boutique item? For that matter, some publishers of the stuff as well?

What I mean by this is that there is now a plethora of the stuff available, in all flavors and combinations, so an author can't really compel me to pay inflated prices just because there are naked body parts interacting in interesting ways. I'm not talking about competitive prices on the higher end, but rather prices way beyond average market for steamy romance ebooks in general.

Seems like common sense, to me, that there should no longer be a "dirty book price premium". We no longer buy them from the secret room in the back of the store. It's not hard to get this stuff anymore. Thanks to Harlequin, steamy has been mainstream for a while, and the books I'm talking about are often not much more explicit than those. But I see them priced in crazyland.

What brought this on, you ask? I have unspent reward bucks at AllRomance. I've been trying to decide how to spend them. Spending free money is always a challenge.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote