Thread: PRS-T1 Google Books on PRS-T1
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I think this is how it works. You have to go under Preferences and uncheck "launch reader desktop when connecting the Reader device. Then once you get the reader hooked up and can get to Sync, you have to uncheck everything (books, audio, etc.)

If you want to sync, you then recheck everything and tell it to sync; when you are done, uncheck everything again before you disconnect the Reader and shut down the software. You have to make sure everything is unchecked each time you get ready to disconnect and shut down.

Unfortunately I don't know if you can stop the auto sync from happening the first time you connect, before you get a chance to uncheck everything. Maybe somebody else knows?
Thank you for the info

From memory I did this same procedure when I first installed this newer version of the Sony Desktop from the older style version.

I'm saving your post in my Evernote, Sony Tips and Tricks section.

Thanks again.

Edit:

Just re-checked my Reader for PC, with the device plugged in, and yep, it's set up that way: that is, every category blank (de-selected), so that means nothing can sync.

A dialogue box comes up every time I plug in the device to when the Desktop version is open asking whether I want to sync or not, I cancel out.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-28-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote