View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
How to get out of a reading slump?

Hi,
Does anyone have ideas as to how to get out of a reading slump? I've been in one for a few months and would like to get back into the habit of reading. I just can't finish a book, sometimes I'm finding it impossible to get into one.

The only idea I've had is to read children's authors, such as Blyton and some classic children's authors, in the hope that the plot orientated easy-reads will somehow help. I loved Blyton's "Mystery" series as a child - these were the first books I read independently, and loved. Currently plodding through "The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters" but can only read a couple of chapters at a sitting.

I'm endlessly watching youtube book vids, but not reading books!

Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Has anyone else ever had this problem? How have you dealt with it?

I hope I've put this in the right part of the forum.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote