Thread: Do you like 3D
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
For some reason, I was very aware of the edges of the screen when watching the movie. It felt jarring somehow--like the screen should have completely filled the wall, side to side and top to bottom, to retain the illusion.
That's exactly my experience as well. Even when proper 3D (i.e. requiring no glasses) has been "perfected", I have no intention of getting a 3D TV, since the weirdness of the juxtaposition of the movie's 3D and the real world's 3D just ruins the viewing experience for me.

That's not to say I'm universally militantly anti-3D - when decent VR/TV headsets appear (like the Sony HMZ-T1, only much better), I'll happily part with a good amount of dosh to get one.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote