View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #316
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Some good points. But, the fact that I am not interested in Harry Potter has been returned with sneers from several people that I know. If one likes it fine. Currently :

The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks, Quiet(A book about introverts), Life of Pi (apparently famous and a film, but never heard of it in this icy corner of Asia), Just finished God is not Great, my last five:

1. Decisions for War, 1914–1917 Richard F. Hamilton, Holger H. Herwig. 284 pages. (4 stars)

2. Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney 256 pages. (2.5 stars)

3. The inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. 384 pages. (3 stars)
Booker prize and all but a bit too convoluted at times.

4. How an Economy Grows and why it crashes by Peter D. Shiff and Andrew J. Shiff. 258 pages. (3 Stars). Some interesting Points even though I disagree with some of their views.

5. Solaris by Stanislaw Lem 224 pages. (4.5 stars). best book that I have read thus far.

Hope to speed up in the next two months have a lot of free time. Happy Reading Everyone.

P.S. I live Brain Candy too. Love slapstick and brainless films at times... Jackie Chan, Top Secret, bad B-movies. But Some Jurrasic no thanks....