View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
As you say Amazon hasn't built the accompanying digital media availability in other markets yet. The way they market the Fire I'd think they need to get that in place first? Not sure why their app store isn't international.
Then release it in a different way. When Apple launched the iPod in Canada they did it without iTunes, despite the fact that they had both the iPod and iTunes available in the U.S. It was still a success. There are people who would buy it for the e-reading and Amazon App Store elements alone.

Quote:
You can get it on the UK, DE, FR, IT and ES sites.

It does seem strange that they don't have a separate Canadian Kindle store yet.
To my great surprise, you're quite correct. Bizarre that Canada doesn't have the Touch 3G as an option given that, then. Especially *since* we don't have our own store yet and have to buy through the U.S. store, which means they have to go to the trouble to specifically block the Fire and the Touch 3G from us on the website (it frequently shows up as a recommendation for me, only to crap out every time I try to buy it).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote