Thread: So Soon?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Sounds like rubbish, especially the first article.

I keep hearing the rumor that Amazon loses money on each KF. If the article is correct in that Amazon loses $50 per KF and they have sold 16 million of them, then they have taken a $800 million loss--that's nearly a billion dollars. I find that highly unlikely. I also doubt that Amazon is losing money on the KF. It has been shown many times that a KF can be built for way less than the $200 price tag. Total rubbish.

In all the years Amazon has been turning out Kindles they have never updated a current model in less than a year after it was released. The updates have averaged closer to 1.5 years apart. So I doubt we will see an updated KF 7 inch model this soon. Why? The bugger is outselling all the other 7 inch tablets combined!

Amazon might release a larger tablet, but it won't replace the current KF.

Amazon isn't losing $50 on every Fire it sells. I took that part of the article with a grain of salt. It's more like $10 and then Amazon is gambling they will make a profit off of Apps, Movies, Prime etc. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393947,00.asp

I don't think that we will see an updated KF 7 inch model anytime soon but there does seem to be some credibility to a late spring release of a slightly larger tablet.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote