Thread: SDK available
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
SDK available

I have already posted in jinke forum and here I'll just copy my post (original post).

First of all, I am not in any way related to Jinke.
Now the main part.

Download
The chinese servers are VERY slow and people report that they don't receive a link for confirming their registration, so I have uploaded the SDK stuff to my website. Here are the links (download only v3sdk if you have linux):
toolchain-20071015
v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz

Installing and launching emulator
I am not sure how it is done under windows, but folks using linux, can do it like that:
1) download and extract v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz:
Code:
wget http://www.binaryworld.xz.lt/v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz; tar zxvf v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz
2) Go to the extracted directory and install the required files
Code:
cd v3sdk-1.2.1; sudo ./install
3) Put simlink, which jinke staff forgot to put:
Code:
cd i386/lib/; ln -s libpdf.so.V3 libpdf.so
4) Put some ebooks, mp3s and pics to /root/abook (abook is treated as eReader's SD card)
5) Go to i386/bin and launch the emulator:
Code:
cd ../bin; sudo ./demo.sh
Controls
1)1-8 Selection
2)9 Page up
3)0 Page down
4)y Menu/OK
5)n Cancel/Back

Problems
1) Problems with fonts (lots of errors like: fnt_createfont: /root/fonts/truetype/couri.ttf,20 not found);
2) gif and png images are not listed (though you can open them while in picture viewer mode (you can open picture viewer by opening jpg image));
3) mp3 player doesn't work (shows an error: invalid mp3 device);
4) language preferences are not stored.

Last edited by hakim; 12-12-2007 at 02:11 PM.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote