View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #40
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If calibre can read it right now, calibre can read it in 150 years from now -- it's open source, so you can always build it yourself even after Kovid dies of old age and Windows/Linux/OSX don't exist anymore .
A few years ago I took my old Sony PRS-500 and connected it to a PC. I wanted to give it away and I needed to connect to it and delete books from memory.
I connected the reader, started Calibre and ... nothing happened.
I found out Kovid dropped support for the old PRS-500 a few years ago. It took me a *long* time to get the old version of Calibre running. And that was not after 150 years, but after two.
Calibre has many, many dependencies. Just have a look at dependencies here: http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote