View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Of course I don't know where you are, and how much you have to spend, but here's an option.

If your collection is nog gargantuan, three 32GB USB3 Sticks will do to get triple redundancy. Over here, they cost around €12 a piece. To give you an idea, my Calibre library is 4.6GB, containing 739 books, in both EPUB and AZW3 format.

So, that is 2.3GB for the EPUB's only, or roughly, 3.2 MB per book.

You will be able to stash over 10.000 books onto one 32GB USB stick.
Agreed. My Calibre library currently contains 5178 books, almost all of which are in both Kindle and ePub formats. It's occupying 9.69GB of storage space. A 32GB USB stick, which now costs well under £10, is a cheap and practical storage solution. I use the excellent (and free) "Microsoft SyncToy" program to do the actual backups.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote