View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunn Sunn View Post
I've changed evkb's Makefile to just say gcc which does seem to resolve to the proper cross compiler when I call make from within scratchbox. The problem is that the linker cannot find -lXtst. What should I do?
Try searching for libXtst*,
[sbox-iliad: ~] > find / -name "libXtst*" 2>/dev/null

If you find it (i.e in /usr/local/lib/libXtst.so), search for the place where -lXtst is written and add -L/path/to/the/library (i.e. -L/usr/local/lib -lXtst).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunn Sunn View Post
Did I miss some steps? I don't understand the dependencies-helper shell scripts and how to use them. There's a lot for me to learn when it comes to porting stuff to the iLiad. Would you please help me?
Using the dependencies-helper scripts, you would install the Xtst library with:

[sbox-iliad: ~] > ./dl-and-install.sh libXtst.so

Basically you put as a parameter of the script the name of the file you want t have generated. Sometimes it fails because there are a lot of matches and the script is not very smart; in those cases you put some of the path leading to that file (but omitting the first / of the path), for example: ./dl-and-install sbin/etherwake

P.S.: I changed today the wiki page you mentioned because I've just updated a fixed version of the dependencies-helper scripts. Check that you have downloaded dependencies-helper_20080718-1.tar.gz or repeat the step 11 of the howto to be sure you have the correct version. The old one doesn't work anymore.

P.S.2: You may find easier to use the VMWare image that Adam prepared. It is the sticky thread in the iliad developer forum. It has a lot of commonly used libraries compiled and included in the image's scratchbox environment.

Last edited by Antartica; 07-18-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: grammar/sp.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote