View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #16
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjupiter View Post
i'm not sure anyone else noticed but tags in books are rather messy and ridiculous, one book i bought from amazon had 12 tags!

i do like the idea of having subset/groups but it would be great if these were not based on anything specific to the book like author, tags etc... and just where i want to put them. (example right click on a book and have a "add to group" option) if Calibre could do that, even by plugin, this this would be perfect/amazing for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Yeah, some of those are a horrid mess! I revise the tags on all my books and have the automatic import of tags when updating metadata turned off. Then I add my one or two tags based on how I view the books.
Like FizzyWater, I don't use the tags provided by Amazon or any other metadata source. I set up tags which made sense to me and I apply them to books when I import them. I fooled around with Calibre for about a year, not really knowing what I was doing, then once I had figured it out and decided what I wanted to do, I started all over, importing the books once again and applying the organization that I had worked out.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote