View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #57
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I thought the Avenir italics problem was universal?

Have you tried the Avenir font? Have you tried Italics with the Avenir Font? Have you tried it with a sideloaded ePub? What version of firmware are you using?
As far as I know, the Avenir Italics issue is universal. However if you are a person who never changes the font from the default, you're not likely to see the issue. A quick poll at work of 11 ereader owners showed 2 of them even knew/cared they could change fonts. Well, 3 if I include myself. And a total of myself who has actually added fonts to his ereader. On a brighter note, 4 of the 5 Kobo owners have sideloaded content or obtained ebooks from the public library while two of the Kindle owners are waiting for the libraries to finally get Kindle compatible content -- they see a "compatible for US libraries only" message.

As a group, they would make lousy testers -- the envelope is never touched much less pushed.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote