View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #26
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
As I said I have Kindle for PC on my computer. I did not say I use it to read Amazon Titles.
I convert them and use my reader. I do not like to read books on my computer. It is not comfortable. I find my other chairs and my bed much more conducive to comfortable reading.
Apache
I completely agree. I also found the interface of the cloud reader inferior to all other readers, aside from the fact that I don't like reading on a computer screen (much). Reading a forum is different as it requires a different attention/focus span.

I also like to have my books be well, my books, all in one place to refer to, regardless of where I bought them. To have to log into Kobo, then Sony, then Amazon, then Smashwords, etc, to see if I "already bought the book" is just nonsense. At least with physical books I just glance at my bookshelf.

When I bought my Kindle and set my books free to join the rest of my books on calibre, i was not terribly surprised to find that I had a few dozen duplicates that i had already downloaded for free from other stores that were offering them (Smashwords, etc).

The lure of getting all these freebies eventually hooked me to getting the actual Kindle (and I do feel like i "caved in" in order to get my books), but seriously, I am glad they were freebies. I wouldn't have tolerated this type of nonsense had I paid for a book.

When I pay for something, I expect it to be extractable for just me to read whenever and above all wherever, I please. Not have it glued to my account on a computer.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote