View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You all, for the most part, are well read and know your own-selves. Yet nothing seems to be new, no new conversations, nor any new thoughts.
This is the great lesson of intellectual history. There are no new ideas.

As far as your request for discussion of what authorship should be, I want to read a well-researched, no-ax-to-grind, book (or long essay) tracing the funding trail for 9/11. But of course that idea isn't original (see #2 here).

My idea of what authorship should be is probably not at the level of abstraction you are asking for, but, well, that's the level I usually think at.

Edited hours later: The last sentence is a bit snippy and maybe not even consistent with my previous posts on MobileRead. I've said a lot about advances being needed so authors can do research.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-11-2012 at 11:05 PM.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote