View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
PlainBobMax
PlainBobMax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello,

I'm very interested in this device, but I have just a couple of questions/concerns.

Regarding the touch screen: Can pages be turned with a finger swipe? Or must the stylus be used? I often read with the book in my left handed and would like to turn the pages with my thumb. Since the page forward button is on the right side of the bottom ring, it's not reachable when holding with the left hand.

If finger swiping is not possible, then is there a setting for reversing the page forward and backward buttons so that page forward is the left button and page backward is the right.

Also, wondering about the dictionary implementation. Is a good dictionary? What is the dictionary interface like. One thing I don't like about Barnes and Noble's nook is that the dictionary will not find plurals or other forms of a word. It will only find a word if it is the root. How does Onyx's dictionary handle that?

By the way, if I have posted these questions in the wrong place, someone let me know and I'll try to post in a more appropriate thread. Thanks.
PlainBobMax is offline   Reply With Quote