View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:34 AM   #10
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Taking your example and if you are using Acrobat 9 for OCR as you say, I advise you to export the result as txt (from the 2 options choose the text plain), so you get a clean text file, without CR’s in the end of each line and without any font formatting.

After, you can begin in word my assigning the formatting you need - I myself apply styles, normal for the text body and headings (1, 2, or 3 if needed) for the titles - , then go to each style and change the font, alignment and size to what ever I want, and I’m done with the formatting and can begin with the correction of miss recognitions, errors, missing words/letters and you know… all the rest.

I myself do not use Acrobat for OCR, but I recognize that from version 7 to 8 the quality of the results jumped ages, specially for English.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote