View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #100
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon should've addressed the 50MB cap in their response to eliminate the confusion.

I hate half answers.
Amazon is waffling around and making sure they don't make a statement that they can be held to.

I will give you a simple way for Amazon to cut out the tethering itself if they desire. They know who each person is that is using the 3G.
All they have to do is compile a list of suspicious users based on bandwidth.
Use a computer to see what the fastest rates of data are over each hour and then determine whether it is humanly possible for someone (a few well coordinated and quick test subjects) to navigate on the KB Kindle by hand that fast. I am sure they did that when they originally came up with the idea of free 3G service.

Most people aren't going to use the Kindle for browsing that much anyway, and others that might use it on occasion like myself will try very hard to keep the bandwidth down in order to speed up the process.

I don't think you can download stuff except Amazon stuff, and movies don't work, so I don't know what is being downloaded that would cause a problem unless they are just testing it for bragging rights. "Look what I did."
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote