View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejojohan View Post
Hi,

I bought a demo model too, on E-Bay. Also have a full working one on the way. Right now, I'm trying to see if I can flash the demo using the directions from this link http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d4mqgzr4cbrttzu which details how to un-brick a Kindle.

However, doc was written for a Kindle Touch (which I also have, and it works for it) not a DX-G. I am hoping that I can apply most of the doc to the DX-G as long as I find and use the correct firmware files, but I'm having some problems getting it to be recognized by mfgtool.exe.

Currently, I am looking through other threads here for a solution, but if anyone knows of a document that is written for firmware updates for a DX-G, I would be very greatful.
No. Silver18 put that guide together as a simplified step-by-step version of my "simple debricking" sticky thread for K4 and K5, in the kindle dev corner forum.

Replacing firmware on a DX needs to be done with the serial port. Look up the threads on the (unofficial) upgrade for a DX to 3.2.1 firmware.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote