View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr209 View Post
But if Sony was serious about selling the Reader they would have sold the books for less in the beginning. They are/were trying to get as much as they could. I do believe that Amazon is taking a huge hit by selling the books cheaper because everything I have read the publishers are not happy about the lower prices and so I think Amazon told them well we are going to sell them for "X price" anyway.

The price for Ebooks HAS always been WAY TO MUCH and has been over priced for years. I don't know who they think they are fooling but there has been no reason for the high prices of ebooks. NONE. Unless I'm missing something. Am I?

Just my 2 cents.

Greg
Yes you are missing the fact that the price is set by the publisher and not by Sony. Amazon seems to be able to influence (coerce) the publisher to adjust the prices and we all benefit. I also believe that Amazon is losing money on some of the best sellers and this is one reason that don't want to sell them to someone that they didn't make the money on the hardware. This will change over time as market demand drives the prices down.

We are already seeing the benefit on the Sony books from the Amazon release as well as fictionwise books and others. As the publishers change the prices everyone benefits.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote