View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstorey View Post
I thought I had done all my homework and that getting a Nook was the hard part, setting up a B&N account to get ebooks was the easy part, Not So. I followed all the instructions and set up an account with my Canadian credit card, but can't download the book I want. Is it all books that are restricted or just the last one of the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series that I want. If I can't get books from B&B, where can I get new released in Canada. I think I'm going to love my new nook, if I can just figure out how to get books into it.lol.
Thanks in advance for all Posts.
Welcome!

B&N sells books in the US only, officially anyway. There are some threads around about circumventing this, IIRC it involves using a proxy like Hide My Ass, but I'm sure someone will elaborate. The nook can read books from anywhere that sells books with Adobe Adept DRM (besides B&N of course) so Kobo, Books on Board, Sony (books are loaded through Adobe Digital Editions)... For best results you'll want ePub not PDF. It can also read library books if your local library is set up through Overdrive. You can also get books from Webscription.net and Smashwords (as well as many small pubs like BeWrite Books) and not have to hassle with DRM restrictions.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote